Top International Holiday Destinations
Looking for more destination options for holiday packages ? See top international destinations from India, visit page to explore holiday packages, read detailed itineraries, send enquiry, book hotels, explore and book sightseeing tour and activities online.
Alexandria - Holiday Tour Packages from India
The 2nd largest city in Egypt, Alexandria enjoys an atmosphere that is more of Mediterranean than of Middle Eastern, which you will experience in its cultural heritage and ambiance when you spend a holiday here. If you are looking for new horizons and fresh vistas, then this is the perfect place for a vacation.
Top places to visit in Alexandria
As this city has been a center for human endeavor and achievements, you will have a lot to explore, especially in its museums, such as the Alexandria National Museum, the El Alamein Museum, the Graeco-Roman Museum and the Royal Jewellery Museum. If you want to get a glimpse of Alexandria’s past ruling elite and delve into its fascinating social and cultural history, then you can head to its two most stately residences, the Montazah Palace and the Ras el-Tin Palace, which are open to local and foreign visitors alike. There are also interesting heritage sites in the area, such as a Roman theater and the Taposiris Magna, and other ancient monuments and structures where you will learn more about the local history.
Top things to do in Alexandria
There are many activities in this city that you can enjoy, and the following are those that you cannot miss.
- Visit the beaches - You should not miss visiting the beautiful beaches of Alexandria, especially the Montazah Beach, which is an idyllic place many people love. You can spend the day here and make the most of the warm sunshine, take a dip in its shallow crystal-clear waters and enjoy long strolls.
- Stroll around the Manshia Square - The Manshia Square is one of the city’s most iconic public places, where you can stroll around, take a few great photographs, spend a while watching other people and then head off to the nearby shops and cafes.
Top attractions and landmarks in Alexandria
For a complete holiday in this beautiful city, make sure you include the following hotspots in your itinerary.
- Bibliotheca Alexandrina - This is a gorgeously designed re-imagination of the ancient Great Library of the city, containing a host of museums and a modern and ambitious library. One of its most striking exterior features is a giant sun disk presiding over the waterfront Corniche, and as for the inside, there is a huge reading room that can hold 8 million volumes.
- Alexandria National Museum - This is a must-visit if you want to learn about the rich history of this famed city. The collection here includes relics from the Pharaonic Era to the Byzantine and Islamic periods.
- Pompey’s Pillar - This structure rises from the ruins of the famous and ancient Serapeion or Temple of Serapis, which was used in the past to store the overflow of manuscripts from the Great Library.
Alexandria holiday packages from India
There are surely a lot of ways to explore Alexandria, and to make the most out of them, book holiday packages with us here at La Vacanza Travel. Enjoy your trip and stay safe!
Book Top Sightseeing Tours and Activities Online
View All Sighseeing Tours
A day tour to Alexandria by air-conditioned deluxe vehicle with your private tour guide. Alexandria ...
Pressed for time? Discover the highlights of Alexandria, ancient and modern, with this intensive 8-h...
See the sights of Alexandria in comfort, on this tour you will cover all highlights of Alexandria in...
Explore the history of Egypt on the day tour of the Pyramids of Giza. Visit the Valley Temple of the...
Once your cruise is docked in Alexandria Port, start a tour to Cairo to visit the Great Pyramids of ...
Enjoy a day trip to Alexandria with private guide from Cairo.
Pyramids Memphis and Sakkara from Alexandria.
Discover the Egyptian city of Rashid — formerly known as Rosetta — on this private day tour from Ale...
See the Pyramids at Giza, the Great Sphinx, the Egyptian Museum, and Khan el Khalili bazaar on a ful...
Visit the site of one of World War II's defining battles, El Alamein, on a private tour with a quali...