Top International Holiday Destinations
Looking for more destination options for holiday packages ? See top international destinations from India, visit page to explore holiday packages, read detailed itineraries, send enquiry, book hotels, explore and book sightseeing tour and activities online.
Luxor - Holiday Tour Packages from India
Home to the Valley of the Kings, ancient temple complexes, and historical archaeological sites, Luxor is considered today as the "greatest open air museum" in the world. It is the ideal holiday destination for history buffs and ordinary tourists looking to see the beauty and mystery of what was once the capital of Ancient Egypt. Its offer of sightseeing & activities revolve around the vast, spectacular desert, and the historical landmarks found all over the city.
Top places to visit in Luxor
As part of the Nile Valley, Luxor is an exotic travel location that you should visit once in your lifetime. It’s an opportunity to get a glimpse of Ancient Egypt, after all. But what makes it really interesting is that it has several districts, with respective areas of the Nile River, which have their own group of main attractions.
- The East Bank town has a mix of the old and new, with hotels restaurants and trains well-integrated with The Museum, Luxor Temple, and the Temple of Karnak.
- The West Bank is where major ruins of the Valley of the Kings are found, along with that of the Western Valley and the Valley of the Queens.
Although considered small town by Egyptian standards, Luxor has plenty other places you can visit during your vacation.
Top things to do in Luxor
- Take a walk through the many historical and interesting attractions in the city, starting at the Valley of the Queens and then to the Valley of the Kings.
- Take a cruise on the Nile aboard a felucca, a traditional sailing boat made of wood.
- Explore the West Bank of Luxor aboard a donkey, horse or camel.
- Cycle to Ancient Thebes and enjoy a day of bird watching.
- Cool off at a hotel's pool or relax at any of Luxor’s many spas.
- Visit the land of the Pharaohs in a unique way aboard a hot air balloon. Have your tour arranged by Magic Horizon Balloons and get great add-ons, such as a cruise across the Nile aboard a felucca, ferry or cruise boat, before arriving at the take-off point.
In this city, there are many things to do as there are places to see and experiences to enjoy.
Top tourist attractions in Luxor
In Luxor, most of the sights included in holiday packages tell age-old stories that made the history books. The attractions you see are unlike any other, as they have the characteristics that are only evident in Cairo and the whole of Egypt.
- Tombs - Where tombs represent sadness in other instances, resting places in Luxor are something to behold and worthy to be explored during your vacation. In fact, most people who travel to this city or Egypt do so to see the tombs of Pharaohs, Queens and Nobles. Some of the most notable are the Valley of the Kings, The Valley of the Queens, and Mentuhotep II Mortuary temple.
- The Mummification Museum - Want to know more about how Egyptians mummify their dead? This museum gives you an inside look into the art of mummification, including the many tools used to get the job done.
Other attractions you should not miss are the Red Monastery, White Monastery, the Colossi of Memnon, and the temple complexes of Karnak and Luxor.
Luxor holiday packages from India
There are a wide range of Luxor holiday packages to choose from. In fact, if you wish to see the best of Luxor during your holiday, it is recommended to sign up for one of the Luxor holiday package tours on offer.
Book Top Sightseeing Tours and Activities Online
View All Sighseeing Tours
Enjoy the beautiful scenery as you cruise the Nile on a 5-day journey from Luxor to Aswan. You also ...
Cruise the world's longest river in style on this 4-night, full-board Nile cruise on a 5-star deluxe...
Spend eight days on a voyage down the beautiful and romantic Nile River on a cruise from Luxor to As...
Tour the most famous sites on Luxor's West Bank in the company of an expert private guide. You'll st...
Enjoy 7-nights on The M/s Beau Soleil Nile Cruise will allow you to experience Egypt’s treasures and...
Explore all that the ancient city of Luxor has to offer on a full-Luxor Day Tour to East and West Ba...
Take a half-day private tour with a qualified Egyptologist guide exploring the East Bank of Luxor. Y...
Enjoy beautiful Nile Valley scenery as you cruise down the River Nile on a 5-day cruise from Luxor t...
For unbeatable views of Luxor's famous temples, take a hot-air balloon flight over the Nile River's ...
In a full day tour you will experience the best of Luxor visiting the East and West Bank where you w...