Top International Holiday Destinations
Looking for more destination options for holiday packages ? See top international destinations from India, visit page to explore holiday packages, read detailed itineraries, send enquiry, book hotels, explore and book sightseeing tour and activities online.
Frankfurt - Holiday Tour Packages
Frankfurt is known for its futuristic skyline, as well as being home to the busiest airport in Germany. As such, it is frequently considered as a gateway when going on a European Holiday. However, the city might surprise you with its stunning range of things to do. In fact, Frankfurt is a city with such a rich history and culture, as well as a variety of dining and amusement options.
Given the many skyscrapers that fill the city, it's not hard to conclude that Frankfurt is the business and finance capital of Germany. In fact, this is where the largest stock exchanges in the world are based, as well as the European Central Bank. Frankfurt is also where you want to be when important European trade fairs are in town, particularly the Frankfurt Auto Show and the Frankfurt Book Fair.
With a collection of rich museums and parks, as well as a lively student scene, an excellent public transport system, lots of fine dining options, and lots to do on the evening – from apple-wine taverns to techno discos – Frankfurt is surely a place where you can have the best of everything.
Top places to visit in Frankfurt
Frankfurt weather is pretty moderate throughout the year, but it does on certain occasions get a bit damp and drizzly. The summer months are quite mild with the occasional hot day. Winters rarely get cold and it almost never snows. That said, the best time to travel to Frankfurt would be not during any trade shows – unless that's what you're in town for.
- Sachsenhausen – this is Frankfurt's “South Bank” and it features upscale restaurants, fast-food joints, bars offering live music and traditional Apfelwein pubs.
- Romerberg – the old central square of Frankfurt where you'll find a number of historic buildings from the 14th and 15th centuries.
- Hauptwache – a central point of Frankfurt, and as such, is important because of public transportation.
Top things to do in Frankfurt
Frankfurt may be the business and finance capital of Germany, but there are definitely tons of sightseeing & activities to do in the city.
- Attend a trade show - Two of the world's most important trade shows are held in Frankfurt: the Frankfurt Auto Show and the Frankfurt Book Fair. So plan your trip around the aforementioned events if you like cars or books.
- Visit one or more museums - Just like any other major city in Germany, Frankfurt too has its own fair share of museums worth visiting. Among them are the Stadel Museum, the German Architecture Museum and the German Film Museum.
- Stroll along the River Main - This is a particularly popular activity during the summer months. It's the time of year where you see people playing frisbee or football. Also there are nearby cafes and restaurants where you can grab a bite to eat or have some refreshment.
Top attractions in Frankfurt
- Main Tower – where you can admire Frankfurt's skyline from 650 feet.
- Goethe House – home of writer Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
- The Museum of Modern Art – houses an extensive collection of art from the likes of Roy Lichtenstein, Andy Warhol and Gerthardt Richter.
- The Senckenberg Museum of Natural History – features an array of exhibits, including fossils, Egyptian mummies and dinosaur skeletons (the most famous attraction of the museum).
- Palmengarten (Botanical Garden) – where you'll find exotic plants and gardens filled with various botanical species.
Frankfurt holiday packages
Frankfurt pays tribute to the past and also embraces the future. If you want to explore this wonderful city, we have Frankfurt holiday packages that you might want to check out.
Book Top Sightseeing Tours and Activities Online
View All Sighseeing Tours
See the best of Germany's Rhine River Valley on a half-day or full-day trip from Frankfurt. As a tim...
See two countries in one day on your Black Forest and Strasbourg day trip from Frankfurt! Traveling ...
Enjoy a 5-day self-drive tour from Wiesbaden to Wuerzburg as well as Nuremberg and finish your tour ...
Visit two of Germany’s most famous attractions in one day with this Frankfurt Super Saver, combining...
Visit the romantic city of Heidelberg on a half-day trip from Frankfurt. With an expert guide to sho...
Join this 7-day European highlights tour starting with the best of Prague. Look out for Bratislava C...
Travel down the most picturesque stretch of road in Germany on this multi-day trip and marvel at his...
Experience the highlights of Frankfurt and the surrounding Rhine Valley in one day by combining two ...
Visit two of Germany's most charming places on a full-day trip from Frankfurt. With an expert guide ...
Explore the medieval cities of Heidelberg and Rothenburg ob der Tauber on a day trip from Frankfurt!...