Top International Holiday Destinations
Looking for more destination options for holiday packages ? See top international destinations from India, visit page to explore holiday packages, read detailed itineraries, send enquiry, book hotels, explore and book sightseeing tour and activities online.
Germany - Holiday Tour Packages from India
Apart from the allure of having given us the most influential artists, entrepreneurs, inventors, musicians, philosophers and scientists, Germany has a wide range of attractions that call upon holidaymakers to visit its shores. From the bewitching cities to the alluring half-timbered towns, there is so much to look forward to when on vacation in Germany.
Each place in Germany offers its own selection of things to do and sights to see. You'll marvel at the exciting contrasts of Berlin, with the mix of the old and new. Be impressed with the astonishing skyline of Frankfurt, as well as indulge in its cultural highlights – museums, theatres and world-class operas. Stay inspired with the delightful combination of technological development and cultural heritage in Munich, which is also the gateway to the Alps.
Those are just a few of the highlights when you travel in Germany. Barely even mentioned are the great food and drink you can have in the country. Given the multi-cultural nature of the country, you'll find a range of cuisines worth trying – Germany is more than just sausages, pretzels and schnitzels. And while beer is mostly associated with Germany, not to be forgotten are the world-class wines it offers, particularly in the south-west regions. Germany has got it all: great scenery, amazing culture, lovely cities, jaw-dropping architecture, beautiful half-timbered towns and delightful gastronomic treats.
Top places to visit in Germany
You won't run out of sightseeing & activities to do while you're in Germany. Scattered across the country are several world-class museums, cutting-edge architecture, dining establishments (food stalls, bakeries, restaurants) and drinking places (beer gardens, breweries, pubs). A country so diverse, you'll find yourself enjoying the cultural differences between each region.
- Berlin offers a great combination of old and new that is enough to entice you to explore its great culture, fantastic architecture, delicious food, awesome parties and remarkable history.
- Munich is often characterized as “laptop and lederhosen” as it quite astonishingly is able to maintain its cultural heritage while at the same time be at the forefront of technological developments. Of course, one of the most famous world events is held here as well: Oktoberfest. That aside, the city also has centre that is pretty much walkable and contains world-class sights, particularly in the form of art galleries and museums.
- Frankfurt is Germany's financial capital and a gateway to the country and the rest of Europe. But more than that, it's a city with a stunning skyline – from neo-Gothic houses to modern skyscrapers – and a range of cultural activities to take part in.
Top things to do in Germany
- Eat and drink - Germany has a great bread culture and there are various kinds to sample, and they differ from region to region. Also, why not sample a German breakfast? Be amazed at the spread of bread rolls, hard cheeses, sliced tomatoes and so much more. In other words, show up hungry.
- In terms of drinks, beer is pretty popular in Bavaria and Munich. So do pop by a beer garden, a brewery or even a gasthaus (a pub) for a drink or more. If wine is more your thing, then hitting the south-west region of Germany is a good place to start.
- Explore the outdoors - With such stunning landscapes, it's a shame not to explore even a portion of it by hiking or walking around. Germany has over 100 nature parks that just highlight its beautiful landscapes.
- Appreciate history and culture - Museums abound in Germany, and you'll find world-class ones in every major city. If you want a different museum experience, there are some open-air museums and technical museums to visit.
- Walking the streets of major cities will delight your visual senses with all the stunning architecture that have stood the test of time. That, and the new cutting-edge designs, too.
- Germany is also mad about football and it would be quite the experience to watch a match live or maybe even just on the television or in a pub.
Top attractions in Germany
- Reichstag (parliament building) – head to the dome where you can get a glimpse of parliament chambers as it was reconstructed with glass as a means of government transparency.
- Berlin Wall – used to divide Germany between 1961 to 1989. Only little of it is left, the longest being the East Side Gallery where international artists painted murals as a tribute to peace. The Berlin Wall Memorial on the other end features a museum and an open-air exhibition.
- Brandenburg Gate – an 18th-century neoclassical triumphal arch and one of the best-known landmarks in the country.
- Jewish Museum – documents Jewish life and Germany and provides a look at the events during the Second World War.
- Goethe House – family residence of the Goethe family, notably Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
- Main Tower – get to the top to see sweeping views of Frankfurt.
- The Museum of Modern Art – features an extensive art collection from artists such as Roy Lichtenstein, Andy Warhol and Gerhardt Richter.
- Marienplatz – central square in the heart of Munich, and where you can start to explore old buildings, churches and landmarks.
- Cathedral of Our Blessed Lady – a landmark of Munich and the largest church in the city.
- English Garden – the largest park in Munich where you can rent paddle boats, walk along wooded paths or visit one of its traditional beer gardens.
Germany holiday packages from India
There is so many great sights to see and activities to do in Germany that it's hard not to be overwhelmed. So if you want something that encompasses what Germany is about, we have Germany holiday packages that might suit your interests. You can take a look at them and get in touch with us for more information on Germany holiday packages.
Book Top Sightseeing Tours and Activities Online
View All Sighseeing Tours
King Ludwig II built two of his dream castles, Neuschwanstein and Linderhof, hidden away in the Bava...
Visit the fairytale castles of Neuschwanstein and Linderhof on this day trip from Munich. Traveling ...
The enchanting old-world town of Fussen lies in the foot hills of the Alps, framed by one of the mos...
Maximize your sightseeing time with a day-long shore excursion to Berlin from Warnemünde port. From ...
See the best of Germany's Rhine River Valley on a half-day or full-day trip from Frankfurt. As a tim...
Venture out of Munich by local transport for a comprehensive tour through Dachau Concentration Camp ...
Take a day trip to the home town of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart on a guided full-day rail tour from Muni...
See two countries in one day on your Black Forest and Strasbourg day trip from Frankfurt! Traveling ...
Make the most of your day in Berlin on this full day tour. With round-trip transfers from your cruis...
Leave Munich aside for the day to explore Salzburg and the idyllic Lake District. You'll travel in t...