Top International Holiday Destinations
Looking for more destination options for holiday packages ? See top international destinations from India, visit page to explore holiday packages, read detailed itineraries, send enquiry, book hotels, explore and book sightseeing tour and activities online.
Khiva - Holiday Tour Packages from India
Khiva is a city that is located in the Xorazm Region, Uzbekistan and, according to archaeological data, was established in the beginning of the Christian era. It was formerly the Khanate of Khiva and the capital of Khwarezmia. Its inner town, Ichon-Qala or Itchan Kala, was the first site in the country to be inscribed in the World Heritage List in 1991.
Top places to visit in Khiva, Uzbekistan
Basically, the city is divided into 2 distinct sections, which are the older and museum-like Itchan Kala, which literally means “within the wall”, where you will see striking examples of Islamic architecture and the more modern Dichon-Qala, which literally means “outside the wall”, where majority of the population live and all of the modern buildings are built, though you will also get a glimpse of the city’s greatness as a center of Islamic power here. While you explore the place, you would wonder how crowded and bustling it is throughout history, with a clustered array of mosques, minarets and madrassahs.
Top things to do in Khiva, Uzbekistan
When choosing or creating an itinerary, consider including these activities:
- Watching a Traditional Dance Show - Your trip to Khiva would not be complete without watching a fashion and traditional dance show, particularly at the Alloquli Khan Medressa. There are more than one shows here, and you can choose to watch all of them.
- Exploring the Itchan Kala - In this tour, the tourist office at the West Gate would ask you to buy a ticket that allows you to enter all of the buildings and museums in this area, excluding the Islom-Khoja minaret and some madrassas. If you do not plan to enter any of the buildings and just want to walk and eat, you can avoid paying for the ticket by taking a different gate on your way in.
- Watching a Puppet Show - The puppet theater traditions are alive in Khiva, so make sure you do not miss out on a contemporary puppet show in the city. Particularly, you should check out the State Puppet Theatre, which is unique for its special coloring. It is here where you can still feel the spirit of the medieval bazaar performances, seemingly taking you back hundreds of years to the past.
Top attractions and landmarks in Khiva, Uzbekistan
There are many attractions to see while you are in this beautiful city, and the following are some of the best.
- Kutli Murad Inak Medressa - This medressah was constructed in the beginning of the 18th century with 81 pupils’ cells. It was one of the wealthiest schools in the city with galleries having arcades, round towers and other design features that depict the architectural traditions of Khorezm.
- Khan Anush Mohammed’s Bath - The main part of this bath is subterranean in order to keep its walls steadily warm. Providing all the comforts of an oriental bath, this is considered one of Central Asia’s most interesting secular buildings of the 17th century.
- Tash Chauli - Meaning “the palace of stones”, this is the new palace of the rulers in Khiva that was constructed in the first half of the 19th century during the time of Khan Allakuli. It has more than 160 rooms, 5 courtyards and a strong wall with many round towers.
Khiva holiday packages from India
Now, when planning your trip to Khiva, check out the holiday packages that we offer here at La Vacanza Travel.
Book Top Sightseeing Tours and Activities Online
View All Sighseeing Tours
Explore Samarkand, the famous capital of the 14th-century Timurid Empire, on this guided, 1-day sigh...
During this trip you will visit historical cities such as Tashkent, Bukhara and Samarkand. Samarkand...
Samarkand's winemaking history dates back to the early 19th century when a Russian pioneer winemaker...
Enjoy fantastic sights of Samarkand that have always been referred as the heart of the Silk Road. Yo...