Top International Holiday Destinations
Looking for more destination options for holiday packages ? See top international destinations from India, visit page to explore holiday packages, read detailed itineraries, send enquiry, book hotels, explore and book sightseeing tour and activities online.
George - Holiday Tour Packages from India
The city of George is located in the province of Western Cape in South Africa, particularly situated halfway between Port Elizabeth and Cape Town on the Garden Route, with its township of Pacaltsdorp lying to the south. Today, the place is a popular conference and holiday center as the commercial and administrative hub of the Garden Route. For a vacation to this beautiful city, here are tips that you can use:
Top places to visit in George
The city boasts of sophisticated infrastructures, including shopping centers like the Eden Meander and the Garden Route Mall, yet it still retains its small town atmosphere. It is also home to numerous world-class golf courses, including those that are designed by famous golfers themselves, such as the Oubaai and Le Grande George.
There are also historical landmarks that you can find here, such as the Slave Tree, which is an ancient English Oak planted by Landdrost van Kervel; the King Edward VII Library building, which is claimed to be the best example of Edwardian architecture in the city; and the Outeniqua Transport Museum, which houses a huge collection of steam carriages and locomotives. There is also the Garden Route Botanical Garden that you should not miss.
Top things to do in George
Here are some activities that you should not miss when in George:
- Take an outdoor ride - While in this beautiful city, you can enjoy nature and historic trail rides a motorcycle or a quad bike. Through this activity, you can experience the historic Attakwas Ox wagon pass route, which is a national monument, and explore the beautiful Outeniqua Mountains.
- Go hiking - You can take a hike to the George Peak or Cradock Peak for some spectacular views or take the world-famous Outeniqua trail that will take you through spectacular forests.
- Enjoy the beaches - The city is home to beautiful beaches, where you can swim, surf or tan during summer. Some of the best beaches are Herolds Bay and Glentana, which offers a great swimming spot and many caves that appeal to you if you are adventurous.
Top attractions and landmarks in George
When creating your itinerary for a holiday in George, make sure you have the following on your list.
- Fancourt Montagu Golf Club - This is regarded as one of the best conditioned golf courses in the country and is even ranked as the top several times. Here, you will see a setting of water, mountains and wildlife.
- Garden Route Botanical Garden - This garden is the heart of the Garden Route and has become an educational and conservation hub for the province. It plays a vital role nationally and globally in conserving and researching what is arguably proving to be a rich diversity of plant life in the region.
- George Historical Church - This building is often referred to by many people as the “cross-church” because of its symbolic cross shape. As tourist, you will be able to climb its 85 stairs in the steeple and see the city from a height of 27.7 meters.
George holiday packages
To make the most of your trip to George, book holiday packages with us here at La Vacanza Travel.
Book Top Sightseeing Tours and Activities Online
View All Sighseeing Tours
Visit the incredible Aquila Game Reserve -- the closest game reserve to Cape Town – on this full-day...
Discover the highlights of South Africa’s legendary Garden Route – including Addo Elephant National ...
See all the top sights along South Africa’s Cape Peninsula on this full-day tour from Cape Town. Wit...
Discover South Africa’s famous wine regions on this full-day private tour to Stellenbosch, Franschho...
Experience a thought-provoking guided tour of Cape Town and Robben Island, where the late Nelson Man...
On our wildlife safari you will have the opportunity to look for the Big 5, these being: lions, buff...
A tour designed to maximize on your time in Cape Town, this tour includes all the ‘must-sees’ when i...
Explore the fantastic wine regions of Paarl, Franschoek, and Stellenbosch on this 8-hour tour. Visit...
The Cape Peninsula, also known as Cape Point or Cape of Good Hope is the most popular of all the Cap...
There is no doubt that Cape Town is one of the most beautiful cities in the world, and there is no b...