Top International Holiday Destinations
Looking for more destination options for holiday packages ? See top international destinations from India, visit page to explore holiday packages, read detailed itineraries, send enquiry, book hotels, explore and book sightseeing tour and activities online.
Cordoba - Holiday Tour Packages from India
Situated in the interior of Andalusia, Cordoba is where the past and the modern blend in together. This thousand-year-old World Heritage city is a living legacy of various cultures throughout its history. It had been the capital of Hispania Ulterior under the Roman Empire and the capital of the Umayyad Caliphate. Such a splendor is evident in the intellectualism of the city, where figures like Averroes, Seneca and Maimonides were born.
Not disregarding its splendid past, it is definitely a modern city that has adapted to the present day, offering the modern infrastructures and services for any type of traveler.
Places to visit in Cordoba
Cordoba offers numerous opportunities for sightseeing and activities for young and old tourists alike. You can go to the second largest old town in Europe, where you can find the most important building and symbol of the city—the Mezquita or the Great Mosque—alongside the Roman Bridge, which are the most popular facet of the city. You can also visit other remains of Roman structures, including the Roman Temple, Mausoleum, the Theatre, the Colonial Forum, the Forum Adiectum and the Palace of Emperor Maximian. Other places of interests are the Synagogue, Sephardic House, Jewish Quarter, Alcázar de los Reyes Cristianos, Plaza del Potro, Mills of the Guadalquivir, Palacio de Viana and the Palacio de la Merced.
Things to do in Cordoba
To make your vacation in Cordoba more worthwhile, make sure you do the activities that will let you truly discover what this beautiful, historic and “secret” city is all about.
- Wander around the pretty white-washed streets to take in the history of this once-powerful medieval city. While at it, you can try experiencing a popular tapa bar along the way.
- Walk along the Roman Bridge to have incredible views of the old town and the Mezquita. Here, you will also see the Tower of La Calahorra, which is a museum dedicated to life in 10th-century Cordoba.
- Experience the peaceful city as it erupts into life in May with an endless string of festivals, including the Cruces de Mayo, the Concurso Popular de Patios and the Cordoba Fair, which ends the month with music and colorful Andalusian tents.
- Try traditional meals, such as the tasty thick soup called Salmorejo and the satisfying Cordobese stew called Caldereta de Cordero.
Top attractions and landmarks in Cordoba
While there is a plethora of places that you can visit in Cordoba, there are those that you should not dare miss, such as:
- The Mezquita - This mosque, which is more commonly known as the Cordoba Cathedral, dates back to the 10th century when the city reached its zenith under a new emir, Abd ar-Rahman 111, who was one of the greatest rulers in the history of Islam. Today, the Mezquita can be visited all year round through the Patio de los Naranjos, which is a classic Islamic ablutions courtyard that preserves its fountains and orange trees.
- Alcazar de los Reyes Cristianos - This popular monument features a castle with delightful gardens and a Moorish bathhouse. It was reformed in the Baroque Period and was recently re-conditioned to house the Diocesan Museum. Inside is also the Romero de Torres Hall, where you can admire interesting 16th-century frescoes.
- Cordoba Juderia - This old Jewish quarter consists of a spectacular network of narrow lanes, which are less commercialized and more atmospheric than that of Seville. Here you will find the Synagogue in Calle de los Judios, which is one of the only three originals that remain in Spain.
Cordoba, Spain holiday packages
There are certainly plenty to see and experience when you travel the city. When planning your trip, check out our holiday packages to Cordoba.
Book Top Sightseeing Tours and Activities Online
View All Sighseeing Tours
Embark on a 2-hour guided tour of classic Cordoba, one of the most interesting and must see location...
Enjoy one of the most amazing cities in Andalusia with this tour from Seville. Explore the wonders o...
This walking tour through the streets of Cordoba allows you to get to know the history and tradition...
With whitewashed courtyards, colorful cobblestone alleys, historic monuments and a fascinating melti...
Join the Historical Cordoba Guided Walking Tour and see the most unique locations in the city such a...
Enjoy 1.5 hours of ultimate relaxation at Cordoba’s alluring Arabian baths, Hammam Al Ándalus! The t...
In this tour you will get to know the Jewish quarter and its important monuments. The Mezquita-Cathe...
Visit the Mosque-Cathedral of Cordoba and enjoy a guided tour of the Jewish Quarter together with yo...
Enjoy a walking tour of the most important monuments of Cordoba: Fortress of Catholic Kings (inside)...
There is no better way to see Cordoba than on this City Sightseeing double-decker, hop-on hop-off bu...