Top International Holiday Destinations
Looking for more destination options for holiday packages ? See top international destinations from India, visit page to explore holiday packages, read detailed itineraries, send enquiry, book hotels, explore and book sightseeing tour and activities online.
Granada - Holiday Tour Packages from India
Internationally revered for its excellent architecture and rich history, Granada has been attracting tourists from all around the world all year round. It hums a feisty cosmopolitanism, is awash with interesting structures and is endowed with relics from various epochs of time, which means that there will be a lot to admire in this city. This is why it is a perfect choice of a destination for your next vacation.
Places to visit in Granada
There are plenty of places in this city that offer great opportunities for sightseeing and activities. Most places of interest here are just highly accessible from its center, including the Plaza Isabel La Catolica and the Calle Reyes Catolicos. The cathedral and the royal chapel are also just to the northwest of the square, and the Alhambra and the Albayzin, which are well-known attractions, are on the opposite hills on the east side of town, being separated by the Carrera del Darro and a small river.
Things to do in Granada
Aside from its rich multicultural history, stunning architecture and breathtaking sceneries, Granada also offers activities that make for a more memorable holiday experience.
- Take a walk along the city’s streets, which is the best way to experience the city. It can be confusing at times, but if you keep in mind some local landmarks, you can maintain a general sense of direction which can help you find your way around.
- Trek through the mountains surrounding Granada, including the Sierra Nevada, the Sierra de Almijarra, las Alpujarras and the highest peak in mainland Spain—the Mulhacen.
- Ski the slopes of Sierra Nevada, which offers excellent snow conditions with more sunny days.
- Experience the city’s buoyant night life with a little of what the locals call “Grana’ino tyle”.
Top attractions and landmarks in Granada
During your travel to Granada, there are attractions and landmarks that you should not miss, such as:
- The Alhambra - This is one of the most brilliant jewels of universal architecture that includes a series of palaces and gardens, which were constructed under the Nazari Dynasty in the 14th century. Particularly, this UNESCO World Heritage Site includes the summer palace called Generalife.
- The Albayzín - Part of a World Heritage Site, this defensive town dates back to the 14th century, thriving as one of the centers of Granada under Muslim rule. It is situated on a hill above the center of town and is popular with visitors, for good reason. As you can see, the place is covered by beautiful white-washed old buildings, Arabic shops, restaurants and scenic gardens.
- Cathedral of Granada - This spectacular 16th-century structure is Spain’s second-largest cathedral, which is noted for its bright Renaissance interior. It was laid out with Gothic foundations, but was built in the Renaissance style with Baroque elements as décor. Inside, you will the circular Capilla Mayor sanctuary that has a magnificent domed ceiling and surrounded by a series of chapels with stunning artwork. It also has a sacristy that holds a collection of fine paintings, furnishings and mirrors.
Granada, Spain holiday packages
You will have plenty to see and do on your Granada trip. For your holiday packages, check us out here at La Vacanza Travel.
Book Top Sightseeing Tours and Activities Online
View All Sighseeing Tours
Explore Alhambra and the Generalife Gardens on this 3-hour skip-the-line walking tour, led by a prof...
Skip past the Alhambra’s long entrance lines with your private guide and explore this incredible pal...
Explore the Alhambra and Generalife Gardens on this 3-hour guided walking tour with skip-the-line en...
Explore one of the most popular monuments in Spain and Islamic civilization on this 3-hour private t...
Soak up the serenity at Granada's Hammam Al Ándalus, magnificent Arabian baths located at the foot o...
The Alhambra is a Moorish citadella. In its corners the castle hides the stories of three cultures, ...
Join us on a 3-hour tour of Alhambra - the most visited monument in Spain - declared as a World Heri...
Discover some of the best secret viewpoints of Granada's Sierra Nevada in a tailor-made 4WD tour. Le...
Watch a flamenco show in a Sacromonte cave in Granada, and then explore the UNESCO World Heritage-li...
Experience one of Granada’s iconic landmarks without the hassle of large crowds on a Viator Exclusiv...