Top International Holiday Destinations
Looking for more destination options for holiday packages ? See top international destinations from India, visit page to explore holiday packages, read detailed itineraries, send enquiry, book hotels, explore and book sightseeing tour and activities online.
Toledo - Holiday Tour Packages from India
Toledo is a favorite destination of those who love to travel and experience the rich culture of Spain for good reason—the city has a long, proud history and rich heritage. It served as the capital of Visigothic Spain between the 4th and 8th centuries, flourished under the Moors Empire and became the home of the Kingdom of Castille’s royal court during the Middle Ages. Having a great wealth of monuments, it is now visited by tourists from all around the world.
Places to visit in Toledo
For your vacation, you should not miss going to the Old City, which is dubbed the “City of the Three Religions”, as Catholic, Islamic and Jewish people coexisted here once without issues. Here, you will find a maze of small streets and a couple of squares, including the Plaza de Zocodover. There are also numerous sights that you can visit, including the Cathedral, the Synagogue del Transito and old church buildings. Other places that you should visit while in Toledo are the Roman Circus and the Moro Workshop.
Things to do in Toledo
Steeped in rich history, Toledo embraces innovation and creativity, which are evident in its active social and cultural scenes. It welcomes visitors into a distinct and alluring community. For great sightseeing and activities in this city, you can:
- Walk the old part of the city as much as you can. If you keep your eyes open, you will see much evidence of the antiquity of this truly ancient settlement.
- Take an exciting hot-air balloon ride and see the sun rise around you over this gorgeous medieval city. The views and experience would surely be worth your money!
- Walk along the River Tagus, which encircles the city. For this activity, you can set aside an hour or so to set out on the route of Don Quixote, where you will find great spots for a picnic, fishing and rock-climbing.
Top attractions and landmarks in Toledo
Embraced on all sides by the Tagus River, Toledo offers a historic charm and many attractions for the young and old alike. Make sure you include the following in your itinerary:
- Alcazar - At this large building, which was once used as a palace by the Romans and then the Moors, you will instantly recognize any panoramic picture of the city. Though it was severely damaged during the Spanish Civil War, it was rebuilt afterwards and is now housing the regional library of Castilla y la Mancha and an army museum.
- Cathedral (Catedral Primada Santa María de Toledo) - The construction of this Gothic church building dates back to the 13th and was completed in 1493. The work went on for many centuries, as its interiors mix up various styles. In its original plan, the Cathedral was supposed to have a couple of towers, but ended up having only one.
- Synagogue del Transito - One of the two remaining synagogues in Toledo, this place offers exhibitions about the Jewish culture in the city.
- El Greco’s House and Museum - Here, you will find some of the greatest pieces of the famous painter. These include a splendid painting with a panoramic view of the city.
Toledo, Spain holiday packages
The city truly has a lot to offer for travelers, and it would be fantastic to see and experience them yourself. Check out all Toledo holiday packages offered by La Vacanza Travel.
Book Top Sightseeing Tours and Activities Online
View All Sighseeing Tours
Private small group tour to this legendary aspect of the city that has many unknown writings regardi...
Enjoy this tour and divide your time between self-guided sightseeing and a tourist train experience....
The Toledo Green Pass gives you the opportunity to discover Toledo at your leisure and without time ...
Toledo, embraced by the River Tajo, is one of the most beautiful cities of Spain and the best way to...
A perfect combination of culture, visiting Toledo by your own and using the tourist train, plus an o...
Enjoy the longest urban Zipline in Europe. Fly Toledo is located in the heart of the old town of Tol...
Experience authentic Spanish wine tasting in the historical center of Toledo (Spain), near to Z...
During your stay in Toledo, do not miss the opportunity to visit its cathedral. This Cathedral is th...
Get out of the city and see one of the most historic towns in Spain during this full-day tour of Tol...