Top International Holiday Destinations
Looking for more destination options for holiday packages ? See top international destinations from India, visit page to explore holiday packages, read detailed itineraries, send enquiry, book hotels, explore and book sightseeing tour and activities online.
Valencia - Holiday Tour Packages from India
Spain’s third-largest city, Valencia is a magnificent place with thriving cultural, dining and nightlife scenes. Being never afraid to innovate, the city diverted its flood-prone river to its outskirts and converted the former riverbed into a wonderful lush park with strikingly futuristic buildings. The city is also surrounded by a fertile farmland that supplies fresh produce for its delicious cuisine. Considering all the qualities the city has, Valencia is certainly a great destination to experience some sightseeing and activities that make up a fantastic holiday.
Places to visit in Valencia
There are many places of interest in Valencia, which include the City of Arts and Sciences, where you will find a planetarium, an aquarium and an IMAX cinema; the Barri del Carme neighborhood, which is located in the old city center; and the Valencia Cathedral, which features spectacular architecture. Aside from these, it is also worth visiting the La Lonja de la Seda or the Silk Exchange, Mercat Central, Torres de Quart, Lladró Porcelain Museum and Factory, and the Valencian History Museum.
Things to do in Valencia
A vacation in Valencia would not be complete without experiencing the things that are unique to the place. When you are in the city, make sure you:
- Join the Fallas festival, which is the major festivity of the region. This means that you should try to schedule your holiday to coincide with the celebration, which is March.
- Enjoy its famous city beaches, such as Playa de Malvarrosa, Playa e Levante o de la arenas and El Saler. You can reach these places by taking the metro, tram and bus.
- Bathe and relax at the hot spring that is located north of Valencia, a region known for its deep gorges, mountains and scenic nature. This place is well-known by the locals, but is still undiscovered by most travelers.
Top attractions and landmarks in Valencia
When planning your travel to Valencia, there are certain attractions and landmarks that you should not forget to include. These are:
- The Valencia Cathedral - Constructed over a mosque after the 1238 re-conquest, this cathedral comprises a low, wide, brick-vaulted triple nave that is mostly Gothic and neoclassical side chapels. Other highlights include a pair of Goyas in the Chapel of San Francisco de Borja, rich Italianate frescoes above the altarpiece and the flamboyant Gothic Capilla del Santo Cáliz, which is claimed to be the Holy Grail.
- The City of Arts and Sciences - Known locally as Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias, this aesthetically stunning site occupies a massive 350,000-square-meter swathe of the old riverbed of Turia. Most of the work here was done by the locally born but world-famous architect Santiago Calatrava.
- Jardines del Turia - This 9-kilometer-long lung of green stretches through the former course of Río Turia. It is a fabulous mix of cycling, jogging and walking paths, playing fields and lawns.
Valencia, Spain holiday packages
It would be fantastic to see and experience these things personally through a holiday in Valencia. When planning your trip, you can check out the holiday packages offered by us here at La Vacanza Travel.
Book Top Sightseeing Tours and Activities Online
View All Sighseeing Tours
Experience of cooking an authentic paella of Valencian and enjoying the pleasures of our gastronomy ...
Explore vibrant Valencia with a 24-hour ticket aboard a hop-on hop-off bus tour. As you travel aroun...
We combine a visit to the “modern city” with a wine and tapas tasting from Valencia’s highest terrac...
Would you like to learn how to cook an authentic Valencian paella? At the School of Paellas you'll p...
Learn to cook the most famous Spanish dish, Paella, in its birthplace with a complete 4.5-hour guide...
Learn to cook Spain's national dish, paella, in the Valencian rice fields where it originated. With ...
If you don’t want to waste a second, or simply you don’t have much time to spend in the city, the ab...
Sample a broad variety of traditional Valencian treats during this 4-hour culinary walking tour. Wit...
Book this 3-hour walking experience and explore the capital of the Valencian Community in Spain. Dis...
The Historic City Centre, Gardens of Turia and the City of Arts and Sciences. Enjoy the past and pre...