Top International Holiday Destinations
Looking for more destination options for holiday packages ? See top international destinations from India, visit page to explore holiday packages, read detailed itineraries, send enquiry, book hotels, explore and book sightseeing tour and activities online.
Kandy - Holiday Tour Packages
Kandy is a major city in Sri Lanka that is located in the Central Province, particularly lying at the heart of the hills in the Kandy plateau. It is both a religious and administrative city, serving as the capital of the province. It is home of Sri Dalada Maligawa or the Temple of the Tooth Relic, which is one of the Buddhist world’s most sacred places of worship that was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1988. For a satisfying vacation in Kandy, you can use the following information.
Top places to visit in Kandy
Kandy is considered as the cultural capital of Sri Lanka, with numerous places of interest. On your holiday, make sure you explore its compact downtown area that is surrounded by beautiful hills of tropical rain forest that is home to exotic animals, such as monkeys. Aside from this, the downtown area is also a primary shopping destination in the country where almost all types of items you can imagine can be purchased at great prices. All in all, Kandy is a great destination to experience culture and cuisine of Sri Lanka in a beautiful natural environment.
Top things to do in Kandy
To get the most out of your holiday, make sure your itinerary includes these activities:
- Trekking - The city is known for having a great number of known treks, including the interesting short walk through Asgiri Maha Viharaya that passes the Bahirawakande hill. Another place that offers a valuable walk in nature is the Udawattakelle forest reserve.
- Watching the Kandyan Dance - One fun way to know the culture of Sri Lanka is to watch a traditional Kandyan dance, which is performed at the Kandyan Cultural Center near Lake Kandy. However, prepare to be harassed by touts and make your way around them.
- Experience its festivals - Kandy celebrates colorful festivals, with the most famous being the Perahera, which is usually celebrated in August every year. Basically, this event is a pageant participated by many elephants.
Top attractions and landmarks in Kandy
For your tour packages in this wonderful city, they should include the following:
- Temple of the Tooth - This temple houses a tooth relic of the Lord Buddha and is consequently considered as one of the most holy shrines in the country. Though you might not have the chance to see the actual tooth, the casket containing it is said to be displayed every day.
- Pinnewala Elephant Orphanage - In this beautiful sanctuary, you will see a lot of elephants freely roaming around. It is best to visit the place during the feeding time and bathing time, when all the elephants are taken to the river nearby
- Peradeniya Royal Botanical Garden - This is regarded as the best botanical garden in the country that dates back to the ancient Sri Lankan kings. Among the main attractions here are the suspension bridge, orchid house, large banyan tree and the bats.
Kandy holiday packages
There is a lot of ways to explore Kandy, and to get the most of them, book Sri Lanka holiday packages with us here at La Vacanza Travel.
Book Top Sightseeing Tours and Activities Online
View All Sighseeing Tours
This private day trip will visit three famous destinations in Sri Lanka, one is historical, another ...
Your full-day tour will visit the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic, spice gardens and the Royal Bota...
Explore the culture and heritage of Sri Lanka on this full-day private tour. Stroll through a typica...
Escape from Kandy for the day and take a scenic train journey to Nuwara Eliya, the ‘Little England’ ...
This 10-hour tour allows you to visit the historic city of Kandy and its surrounding areas. Visit th...
Enjoy a historical tea experience in the Loolkandura Estate where the very first patch of tea was pl...
This hike offers you the opportunity to spend a day hiking through the Riverston area in Sri Lanka. ...
Enjoy a private tour of Kandy by an air-conditioned car. On this 11-hour excursion, you will visit s...
This full-day tour gives you the unique opportunity to visit the ancient cities of Yapahuwa and Pand...
This tour gives you an opportunity to visit a spice garden in Matale and the craft workshops in Kand...