Top International Holiday Destinations
Looking for more destination options for holiday packages ? See top international destinations from India, visit page to explore holiday packages, read detailed itineraries, send enquiry, book hotels, explore and book sightseeing tour and activities online.
Nuwara Eliya - Holiday Tour Packages
Nuwara Eliya a city situated in the hill country of the Central Province of Sri Lanka and is the administrative capital of the Nuwara Eliya District. Dubbed as the “City of Light” and the “City on the Plain”, the city offers a picturesque landscape with a temperate climate. It is regarded as the most important location for tea production in the country, overlooked by the tallest mountain in the land, Pidurutalagala. Here are useful bits of information for your Sri Lanka vacation in this beautiful city.
Top places to visit in Nuwara Eliya
The town has many places of interest, including trout streams, a golf course, nature parks and lakes suitable for fishing. It also offers sanctuaries for bird-watching, where you can see species, such as the Indian blue robin, scaly and pied thrush, and the Kashmir flycatcher. The city is also a good starting point to visit other parks in its neighboring towns and cities, such as the Horton Plains National Park. You can also head to the plains and check out the well-visited tourist attraction at World’s End.
As for Nuwara Eliya's countryside, it is known for having a widespread growth of flowers, fruits and vegetables that are usually associated with European temperatures. Called as “Little England”, this city is covered with terraces of colorful plants and bushes, including roses, carrots, potatoes, leeks and tea.
Top things to do in Nuwara Eliya
Here are the activities that can make your trip to this beautiful city more fun and memorable:
- Hiking - A good place to do this activity is the Single Tree Hill that offers about 90 minutes of walk, including one that leads you south on the Queen Elizabeth Rd and up the Haddon Hill Rd.
- Biking - If you love cycling, then you can do your thing through plenty of steep dirt trails that radiate into the hills in the town’s outskirts. You can ask for a mountain bike rental at your hotel for a relatively challenging, but spectacular, cycling trip through beautiful landscapes that the city is known for.
- Experiencing Its Festivals - The city is known for celebrating great festivals, with the most popular one being the Sinhalese and Tamil New Year. You can schedule your trip to coincide with the festive season, which starts on April 1.
Top attractions and landmarks in Nuwara Eliya
Among the many attractions in this city, here are those that make your holiday one you will not forget:
- Victoria Park - Located at the heart of the city, this is one of the nicest town parks in South Asia, where you can stroll around to have some pleasure. The park grows colorful flowers and is home to an array of hill-country bird species.
- Hakgala Gardens - These gardens can be reached 10 kilometers southeast of Nuwara Eliya and are a good place to have a peaceful retreat. These gardens grow on a rock that is called Hakgala, which means “jaw rock”.
Nuwara Eliya holiday packages
There are certain ways to enjoy Nuwara Eliya, and to have all of them, you can book Sri Lanka holiday packages with us here at La Vacanza Travel. Stay safe on your trip and enjoy!
Book Top Sightseeing Tours and Activities Online
View All Sighseeing Tours
Explore the classic attractions of Sri Lanka on an 8-day tour that covers all six UNESCO World Herit...
Spend seven nights in Sri Lanka experiencing its beautiful cities, historical and wildlife attractio...
Sigiriya and Dambulla have been nominated as UNESCO World Heritage and once Sigiriya was nominated a...
This tour covers some very important attractions in Kandy city. The city lies in the midst of hills ...
Explore some popular and exotic cities on this 4-night tour in Sri Lanka with your own private drive...
Sri Lanka has been ranked amongst the world’s twenty five biodiversity hot spot where we offer uniqu...
Camping in Yala National Park is one of the best ways to experience the diverse array of wildlife. T...
This itinerary is perfect for first-time visitors to Sri Lanka. We pick you up at Bandaranaike Inter...
Explore Colombo City with your private chauffeur in an air-conditioned luxury car. During this 4-hou...
This 6-hour tour will take you to visit most of the popular attractions in Colombo including Kalaniy...