Top International Holiday Destinations
Looking for more destination options for holiday packages ? See top international destinations from India, visit page to explore holiday packages, read detailed itineraries, send enquiry, book hotels, explore and book sightseeing tour and activities online.
Atlantic City - Holiday Tour Packages
A seaside city in New Jersey, Atlantic City has become very popular as a destination for its beach, entertainment and casino gambling. Since its founding as a resort destination in the late 19th century, the city has always been about tourism, which means it is great for sightseeing and activities. Though it fell out of favor in terms of travel during the 2nd half of the 20th century, it was revived after a state-wide referendum in legalized casino gambling in 1976, where casinos started emerging across the place.
Now, when planning for your vacation or choosing holiday packages for this wonderful destination, consider the following information:
Places to visit in Atlantic City
Atlantic City is home to several places of interest that can make your travel more fun and memorable. These include the Pier Shops at Caesars, where you can see a nice show that consists of music, fountains and colors and runs every hour; and the Atlantic City Aquarium, which features 8 separate giant aquariums, shipwreck artifacts, etc.
If you are into history and culture, then you should not miss Lucy the Elephant, which is 65-ton National Register of Historic Places-listed building that was built to look like an elephant in 1881, and other museums and monuments, such as Atlantic City Historical Museum and the Monopoly Monument. Moreover, there are also places where you can see large concerts and tours, as well as even world championship boxing matches.
Things to Do in Atlantic City
There is plenty to do in Atlantic City, and the following are the ones that you prioritize on your “things to do” list.
- Explore the first boardwalk in the world - The backbone of this seaside resort city, the Atlantic City Boardwalk provides access to shops, resorts, hotels, casinos and other tourist establishments. If you like all things gambling, then you will not be disappointed here.
- Enjoy the beach - Blessed with lovely beaches and clear waters, Atlantic City provides you many opportunities to enjoy water activities, such as swimming, fishing, surfing or just tanning. As the beach fronts are just near the Boardwalk, you will also have easy access to great shops, restaurants and souvenir stores.
Aside from these you can also have some food trips, get some drinks and experience the nightlife here. After all, what would be a vacation without these activities?
Top Attractions and Landmarks in Atlantic City
Though there is a lot of landmarks and attractions in Atlantic City, there are those that rightfully stand out from the rest. These are:
- The Boardwalk - This is the most popular attraction in the city, where you can find just about anything that is worth seeing in the city lines. You can easily explore this place by walking, biking or on a famous rolling chair, which is a large wicker chair pushed like a rickshaw. Aside from the sightseeing and activities this place offers, it is also a great place where you can just catch a sea breeze and enjoy a meal with your companions.
- The Steel Pier - This is the city’s answer to New York’s Coney Island, built in 1898 as an amusement pier. Once, it has fallen in popularity but managed to get a new lease on life when it was rebuilt in 1993 with 25 rides.
- The Absecon Lighthouse - This 228-step lighthouse is known having the original First-Order Fresnel lens installed when it was constructed in 1857. It was renovated to commemorate the state’s 300th anniversary. It highlights include its views over the Atlantic, an interesting small museum and its lighthouse keeper’s quarters.
Atlantic City holiday packages
When planning your travel or choosing holiday packages, make sure the itinerary includes all the things mentioned above. Enjoy and stay safe!
Book Top Sightseeing Tours and Activities Online
View All Sighseeing Tours
Rock your senses with a prix-fixe menu at the Atlantic City Hard Rock Cafe. Classic American cooking...
Relax on a private guided sightseeing tour of New York City, with pick-up in and return to Atlantic ...
Relax and enjoy the ride with your professional chauffeur from your location in Atlantic City, NJ to...