Top International Holiday Destinations
Looking for more destination options for holiday packages ? See top international destinations from India, visit page to explore holiday packages, read detailed itineraries, send enquiry, book hotels, explore and book sightseeing tour and activities online.
New York - Holiday Tour Packages
Lying at the mouth of the Hudson River in the southernmost tip of the state of New York, New York City, also referred to as the Big Apple, is the most populous city in the US and has the largest metropolitan area in the US and one of the 15 biggest metro areas in the world. As a center for culture, art, fashion and trade, it is definitely a great destination for sightseeing and activities for holidaymakers of any kind. If you are planning some kind of travel to this place, do not forget to include the following information in your itinerary.
Places to visit in New York
Like other prominent world cities, New York is abundant with high-profile places of interest. If you are into exploring the city’s history and culture, you can visit its museums, which are among the finest in the world, including the Metropolitan Museum of Art in Central Park, which has vast holdings that represent a series of art collections; the Guggenheim Museum, which is famed for its architecture and the spiraling gallery of art works; the Whitney Museum of American Art, which boasts of a collection of contemporary American art; and the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA), which houses the most comprehensive modern art collection in the world. Aside from these, there are also the Paley Center for Media, the Studio Museum and the Tatiana Pagés Gallery.
In addition to its museums, you can also visit its famous parks, particularly the Central Park, skyscrapers and packed sidewalks. As you can see, there numerous parks you will find in this city, including the New Jersey Palisades, the grand Pelham Bay Park and the famous Flushing Meadow Park. There are certainly more than enough places of interest here to keep you busy during your vacation, and almost any of these spots are great for relaxation, sightseeing and activities.
Things to do in New York
- Watch shows at the Broadway - The Broadway is internationally known for its many shows, especially musicals. Some of the best places where you can see these performances are the Brooklyn Academy of Music, which is home to the Brooklyn Philharmonic, and the Carnegie Hall, which is the main venue for classical music in the US and is famous for its dazzling performances. Aside from plays, you can also watch great premier films at its multiplexes.
- Join its parades - The city is host to many street festivals and parades. If time allows, you can schedule your trip coinciding with the ever popular events, such as New York’s Village Halloween Parade (which happens each Halloween), Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade (which happens in the morning of each Thanksgiving at the Central Park), Saint Patrick’s Day Parade and Labor Day (which is also known as the New York Caribbean Carnival or the West Indian Day Parade).
Apart from these, there are also simple things to do in this city to make your trip more memorable, like walking, cycling, food-tripping and shopping!
Top attractions and landmarks in New York
Whether you are with a group or travelling alone, you can make your holiday more worthwhile by visiting the top New York landmarks and attractions.
- Statue of Liberty - Built in 1886, this was France’s gift to America and is a famous symbol of freedom. It is the largest statue in the world with 152 feet in height and approximately 450,000 pounds in weight.
- Empire State Building - This 381-meter tall building was the tallest in the world until the World Trade Center tower rose. This immediately became a symbol for the city when it opened in 1931.
- Central Park - This huge park is one of the things that make New York such a beautiful city, and not just a jungle of concrete structures. It has been shown in countless films and TV shows, with its great natural features.
New York holiday packages
When planning your vacation in New York or searching for New York holiday packages, make sure all these things are included in the itinerary. Have fun and stay safe!
Book Top Sightseeing Tours and Activities Online
View All Sighseeing Tours
See New York's famous landmarks from the air on an exhilarating 15-minute helicopter tour. You'll co...
Hop on and hop off at more than 30 stops around New York City with an open-top Big Bus tour, and vis...
Experience New York City like an insider on this action-packed VIP tour that includes early access t...
The must see for any visitor to New York City, the World’s Most Famous Building is on every list for...
The 9/11 Memorial Museum in Lower Manhattan preserves the history of the attacks on the World Trade ...
Sit back and unwind on a relaxing two and a half hour cruise around Manhattan Island. You'll see all...
With the New York City Explorer Pass, get access to over 50 top attractions, tours and activities al...
Meet the newest addition to North River Landing in Manhattan. An expansive floating restaurant and b...
There are a million things to experience in New York City, but this is one in a million. The One Wor...
See New York City’s top sights on a full-day sightseeing tour that includes travel by bus and boat. ...