Top International Holiday Destinations
Looking for more destination options for holiday packages ? See top international destinations from India, visit page to explore holiday packages, read detailed itineraries, send enquiry, book hotels, explore and book sightseeing tour and activities online.
San Francisco - Holiday Tour Packages
A major city in California that is known for its hilly terrain, liberal community, scenic beauty, Victorian architecture, interesting cultural and ethnic diversity, and the summer fog, San Francisco is the center of the Bay Area. It is one of the world’s most visited cities, with each district carrying its own distinct and unique culture. Some districts that most tourists find interesting are divided into popular neighborhood groups, while those where residences are situated are merged together. Now, when you decide to travel the city and is trying to find the best holiday packages for your trip, then you can put the following important things in mind:
Places to visit in San Francisco
There are many places in San Francisco where you can enjoy great sightseeing and activities. If you are into culture exploration, you can visit the city’s museums and historical facilities, such as the M.H. de Young Memorial Museum, which has an impressive collection of indigenous and contemporary art; the California Academy of Sciences, which holds a variety of science exhibitions, including a natural history museum and an aquarium; the California Palace of the Legion of Honor in Lincoln Park; the Moscone Center; the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art; the Zeum; the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts; the Cartoon Art Museum; the Museum of the African Diaspora; and the Museum of Craft and Folk Art. There are also historical ships that are open for tourists, such as the 1886 Balclutha clipper ship; the World War II Liberty Ship SS Jeremiah O'Brien; and the World War II submarine USS Pampanito. If you love the outdoors, then you can visit its popular parks, such as the Golden Gate Park in the Avenues district, the Twin Peaks and the San Francisco Zoo.
Things to do in San Francisco
- Take the harbor tours - One great way to see the city is from the waters that surround its bay. You can book harbor tours of varying prices and durations from several companies, but all of them are the same when it comes to one thing—they all offer fantastic views of the bay, the island of Alcatraz, the bridge and, of course, the city.
- Watch live performing arts - There are many opportunities to enjoy theater and music in San Francisco. As you will see, there are great concerts performed by small groups of different genres, from modern to classical.
- Join the festivals and events - Due to its mild climate, San Francisco is full of festivals and events all year round. Virtually every day, there is something of interest that is going on here, from small events to major festivals.
Top attractions and landmarks in San Francisco
Given that there is a huge number of interesting places to visit in San Francisco, it can be difficult to see them all in one short-term vacation. Now, make sure you will not miss the following landmarks:
- The Golden Gate Bridge - The most recognizable landmark in the city, this bridge is also one of the most famous of its kind in the world, even being called one of the Seven Wonders of the Modern World. This will be the first thing you see of San Francisco when you drive in from the north.
- The Cable Cars - The cable cars run up and down San Francisco’s hills between the Fisherman’s Wharf and the Market Street.
- The Presidio - This former military post overlooks the Golden Gate. It has beautiful architecture, a very scenic park setting and the Palace of Fine Arts.
San Francisco holiday packages
To make sure your vacation will be worthwhile, include the things mentioned when creating your itinerary or when choosing San Francisco holiday packages.
Book Top Sightseeing Tours and Activities Online
View All Sighseeing Tours
Wine taste your way through Napa and Sonoma on this day trip from San Francisco. Enjoy a comfortable...
Come on the all new Sausalito Food and Wine Tour, a culinary experience of Sausalito's downtown vill...
Take the ultimate sunset cruise, California-style! Relax as you enjoy amazing views of San Francisco...
This wine tour will take you to the best wineries in Sonoma and Napa County. Our years of experience...
See San Francisco at your own pace on a hop-on hop-off coach tour with several route options. A doub...
Set sail on Sunday mornings aboard the traditional Schooner Freda B for an ecology-themed tour of th...
Explore the best of San Francisco Bay on this great-value Alcatraz and sunset cruise combo in the su...
On quiet footpaths and trails, your professional guide leads you along the winding Sausalito waterfr...
Embark on a 9-hour journey for a comprehensive 'Day in the Bay.' This tour will give you the opportu...
Visit Sausalito’s famed houseboats and learn the storied history of one of the bay’s most iconic lan...