Top Domestic Holiday Destinations
Looking for more destination options for holiday packages ? See top domestic destinations, visit page to explore holiday packages, read detailed itineraries, send enquiry, book hotels, explore and book sightseeing tour and activities online.
Jammu and Kashmir - Holiday Tour Packages
With astonishing landscape and picturesque attractiveness, Jammu and Kashmir is known all over the world as a paradise on Earth. It is definitely one of the best places you can visit for sightseeing and activities or any type of holiday. Here are some bits of information you can use for your travel to this wonderful destination:
Places to visit in Jammu and Kashmir
Jammu and Kashmir is renowned for its various religious locations, and if you want to know about the history and culture of the place, there are many places of interest you can visit. These include the Raghunath Temple, which is located in the heart of Jammu and is dedicated to the Hindu Lord Shri Rama; the Mubarak Mandi Palace, which was built with Mughal, Rajasthani and Gothic styles; the Bahu Fort, which is believed to be the oldest edifice in Jammu; and the Peer Baba, which is a holy place for Muslim saints. If you love the outdoors, then you can check out the dense forest of Gulmarg, the Sonamarg (also known as the Meadow of Gold), the Nagin Lake and the Sri Amarnath Ji or the Holy Amarnath Cave. Aside from these, there are still many places in Jammu and Kashmir that can make your vacation more worthwhile.
Things to do in Jammu and Kashmir
- Take the Chadar Trek - One of the best trekking destinations in the world is Zanskar, which is located at a very high altitude in Jammu and Kashmir. During winter, its river freezes up and converts itself into an amazing adventure trek called the Chadar Trek or the Frozen River Trek.
- Do some shopping - Jammu combines traditional and modern shopping, with the Raghunath Bazaar, which is very popular among tourists and pilgrims alike. This market is situated right next to the famous Raghunath Temple, thus it named after it. Here, you will also find great food that ranges from the simple to the exotic.
- Try the local cuisine - Your Jammu and Kashmir travel will not be complete without tasting its local delicacies. During your trip, make sure you try the pawan fruit ice cream, kaladi, the Phahalwan di hatti sweets, kachalu, the Kashmiri wazwan famous cuisine, the Mughal darbar and Jan bakery confectioneries and Kashmir’s dry fruits.
Top attractions and landmarks in Jammu and Kashmir
While there are many great places to visit in Jammu and Kashmir, you should not miss out on the following:
- Vaishno Devi Mandir - Situated in the Vaishno Devi hills, this Hindu temple and pilgrimage center is dedicated to Mata Rani. Among the popular religious places in India, this is the second most visited.
- Gulmarg - This is a popular hill station located in the Baramula district which offers skiing activities. Originally called “GauriMarg”, Gulmarg served as a resort for many renowned kings in Indian history, such as Yousuf Shah Chak and Jahangir.
- Mubarak Mandi Palace - This palace was a residential area of the Maharaja of Jammu who belonged to Dogra Dynasty. As mentioned above, it was built with 3 styles—Gothic, Mughal and Rajasthani, with the most beautiful and remarkable feature, the Sheesh Mahal.
Jammu and Kashmir holiday packages
When choosing your holiday packages for Jammu and Kashmir, make sure you consider the things mentioned in this article.
Book Top Sightseeing Tours and Activities Online
View All Sighseeing Tours
On this 4-day tour you will experience Kashmir, a unique destination known for its beautiful valley ...
Book this 4-night tour in Srinagar, the largest city of the Kashmir Valley and the capital of Jammu ...
Ladhak Region of the Great Northwestern Himalayas is one of the most pristine tourist destinations o...
Explore the diverse heritage of Srinagar on this 8-hour tour of architecture, handicraft, and cultur...
Experience this private small-group trip to the Meadow of Gold, Sonamarg, located just 2-hours from ...
Explore the beauty of Kashmir with a 5-night guided tour of its famous places, including Srinagar, P...
Soak yourself in the picturesque beauty of Kashmir, with a tour to its famous places, Srinagar and G...
Join this wonderful 5-day guided tour of the breathtakingly beautiful Kashmir Valley. Stay overnight...