Top Domestic Holiday Destinations
Looking for more destination options for holiday packages ? See top domestic destinations, visit page to explore holiday packages, read detailed itineraries, send enquiry, book hotels, explore and book sightseeing tour and activities online.
Munnar - Holiday Tour Packages
Munnar is a hill station and town located in the Idukki District of the state of Kerala in India, particularly at the confluence of the Mudrapuzha, Kundala and Nallathanni mountain streams. This town was once the summer resort of the past British government in the southern part of the country. This resort town is now popular with sprawling tea plantations, winding lanes and holiday facilities. When planning a visit to Munnar during your Kerala vacation, here are some things to keep in mind.
Top places to visit in Munnar
Local and foreign travelers visit this town to see its vast tea plantations, but the town itself is truly beautiful and typically Indian with the usual shops and guest houses. Basically, the town is divided into two parts—the Old Munnar and Munnar, where most guest houses are located. The surrounding countryside is also popular among honeymooners.
Top things to do in Munnar
While there are a lot of activities that you can do in this town on your visit, here are those that should top your list:
- Boating - There are many places where you can do this activity, and you can choose between speed boats and paddle boats. If you are with your partner, you should not miss out on a boat ride in Kashmiri-Shikara, which will be one of your most romantic experiences.
- Seeing the Elephants Up Close - You can take an elephant safari at the Munnar Carmelagiri Elephant Park through rugged hill paths, deep valleys and misty forests. The features included in this tour are elephant bath, elephant feeding, demonstrations of timber dragging and displays of commands and communication with these majestic animals.
- Motorcycling - With a rental motorcycle, you can ride around tea plantations or other nearby destinations, such as the Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary, Top Station or the Western Ghats.
Top attractions and landmarks in Munnar
These attractions should be part of your Munnar holiday:
- Eravikulam National Park - This is one of the main attractions in this town that is famous for endangered species of Nilgiri Tahr. Spreading over an area of 97 square kilometers, this is a great place for trekking with magnificent views of tea plantations and rolling hills that are covered with mists. It becomes and even more attractive destination when the hill slopes get covered in color blue from the flowering of Neelakurinji, which is a plant endemic to the region blooming once in 12 years.
- Mattupetty - Situated at a height of 1,700 meters above sea level, this place is known for its beautiful lake and storage masonry dam. This place’s popularity is also attributed to the dairy farm, where you would come across various high-yielding breeds of cows.
- Atukkad Waterfalls - This is a scenic waterfalls amidst jungles and hills. Keep in mind that the road leading to this spot is very narrow, which means that it requires you a lot of experience to drive on.
Munnar holiday packages
There is plenty to see in this beautiful town, and to make the most out of your experience in Munnar, book Kerala Tour packages here at La Vacanza Travel.
Book Top Sightseeing Tours and Activities Online
View All Sighseeing Tours
Everything about Kerala is heaven. Book this amazing Kerala tour with 6-nights' accommodation to see...
Cruise the backwaters of Alleppey, also known as Alappuzha, on a 7-hour tour from Fort Kochi and dis...
Join us for this tour that offers combination of Alleppey backwater houseboat cruise with Kerala lun...
On this 8-day tour you will cruise the backwaters of enchanting Kerala and visit the Dutch Mansions,...
This 13-hour private day trip takes you to Munnar hills, the green Paradise of Kerala. You will see ...
Kerala is a lovely state with the lowest population growth rate in India. It is situated on south-we...
When your cruise ship docks in Kochi, explore sights such as the Fort Kochi Chinese fishing nets, Ba...
Book this overnight private tour for your loved one and enjoy a romantic candlelight dinner on house...
Alleppey Houseboat Private Day Cruise with pickup from Kochi is ideal for anyone who has a day (10 t...
Immerse in the multi-faceted culture of Kochi with rich contributions from Hindu, Christian, Arab, D...