Top Domestic Holiday Destinations
Looking for more destination options for holiday packages ? See top domestic destinations, visit page to explore holiday packages, read detailed itineraries, send enquiry, book hotels, explore and book sightseeing tour and activities online.
Rishikesh - Holiday Tour Packages
Home to the ashram where the Beatles dropped by for a visit during the 60s, Rishikesh has left a prominent mark on the map, making itself known as one of the ideal vacation destinations in Uttarakhand. Ashrams, temples and meditation centers make the city a magnet for people seeking a spiritual experience. It is also the gateway to the Himalayas, opening plenty of doors for sightseeing & activities that have less to do with contorted limbs and more to do with the outdoors and nature. How you spend your vacation in Rishikesh greatly depends on your idea of a holiday. Do you plan to travel for the yoga or white water rafting? Yes, meditation and temple hopping aren't the only things to do in the city.
Places to visit in Rishikesh
Rishikesh has two main areas, one of which is something tourists may not care for, if not for the fact that it is where the bus and train stations are located. It is also where Triveni Ghat is found, a bathing area with a religious and spiritual significance. The other side of the city, however, is where all the good stuff are. The riverside communities are home to ashrams, accommodation, restaurants and other things tourists need for their vacation. On the eastern bank is the spiritual center of Rishikesh, and on the west is an enclave that is a favorite among backpackers.
When you travel to the city, make sure to check out Maharishi Mahesh Yogi's ashram where the Beatles have been. It is now closed, but still a sight to behold. Other places of interest are Gita Bhavan, Kriya Yoga Ashram, Trayambakeshwar Temple and Swarg Ashram.
Things to do in Rishikesh
- Join the other worshippers and take a dip in the Ganges. Even if you’re no believer, bathing in the river can prove beneficial what with the water’s healing powers.
- Go white water rafting and find out why Rishikesh is a very popular destination for the activity, aside from the fact that you will be rafting on the Ganges. Enjoy rapids of grades 1 to 5, for a dose of adventurous sightseeing & activities.
- Get into the yoga spirit and learn more than just the downward dog. Check into an ashram and you could be the next yogi.
Other things to do when in Rishikesh is kayaking, cliff jumping, rappelling, rock climbing, and camping.
Top attractions in Rishikesh
- Triveni Ghat - This bathing ghat is very popular among worshippers and is quite crowded during early mornings and evenings. If you don’t want to take a dip, you can always observe and enjoy the breeze.
- Kriya Yoga Ashram - This temple is visible from anywhere in Rishikesh, and is considered the most genuine in the city. Because of its exterior design, it has been dubbed as ‘the most modern of all traditional ashrams’.
- Bharat Mandir - Located at the city center, Bharat Mandir is dedicated for Lord Vishnu, but history has it that it is an ancient temple of Lord Hrishikesh Narayan. Regardless, it is definitely worth visiting.
Whether you are travelling to contemplate or for the outdoor adventure, there are holiday packages that will suit your preferences.
Book Top Sightseeing Tours and Activities Online
View All Sighseeing Tours
This private walking tour will take you to experience the real charm of Rishikesh and learn more abo...
Join a 4-hour private tour to witness the Hindu ritual known as Aarti. Experience this regular pract...
On this 8-hour tour, visit the Mindrolling Monastery, one of the largest Buddhist centers in existen...
If you are a fan of long peaceful walks on high ascents, then enjoy a scenic and soft trek with an a...
Visit the Kunjapuri Temple at sunrise for panoramic views of the Himalayas in the distance and the G...
Rishikesh Sightseeing Tour is a full day private sightseeing tour. It is total approx 9 hrs tour of ...