Top Domestic Holiday Destinations
Looking for more destination options for holiday packages ? See top domestic destinations, visit page to explore holiday packages, read detailed itineraries, send enquiry, book hotels, explore and book sightseeing tour and activities online.
Thrissur - Holiday Tour Packages
Originally called Thiru Siva Peroor and previously known by its anglicized name, Trichur, Thrissur is the third largest urban agglomeration and the fourth largest city in the state of Kerala in India. The city is also known as the cultural capital of the state because of its cultural, religious and spiritual leanings throughout history. Aside from being the cultural center of Kerala, it is also a primary academic hub with several educational institutions making it their home. For your visit to Thrissur during your Kerala Tour, you can take into account these tips.
Top places to visit in Thrissur
When visiting one of the largest cities in the central part of Kerala, you will see that it is definitely a cultural capital of the state, with its numerous churches, temples, cultural institutions, museums, art centers and many other tourist hotspots. There are also places that hold temple festivals, such as the annual Thrissur Pooram that is known as the “Festival of Festivals”.
Top things to do in Thrissur
When planning your trip, make sure you include the following activities:
- Experience its festivals - The place is known for its colorful festivals, particularly the spectacular cultural Thrissur Pooram, which is celebrated at the Vadakkumnathan Temple during April to May each year. Considered as the grandest temple pageantry in the state, this festival includes colorful processions of caparisoned elephants, fireworks display, drum concerts and parasol exchanges that happen on the crowded streets of the city. The Thiruvampadi and Paramekkavu devaswams exploit and explore every source to make this annual event a memorable one.
- Try the local cuisine - It would be a wonderful experience to try the local cuisine in this city. One good place to do this is in the small lane near Dolors Basillica, which specializes in fresh vellayappams and other delicacies.
Top attractions and landmarks in Thrissur
For a complete Thrissur holiday, make sure you include these attractions in your itinerary:
- The Vadakummnathan Temple - Regarded as the most important attraction in the city, this huge temple is rich in history with more than a century of tales to tell. However, take note that it only allows Hindu devotees to get inside the complex, which means that if you are an adherent of another religion, then you can just have a glimpse of it from the outside.
- Shakthan Thampuran Palace - Also called the Vadakkechira Palace, this building was reconstructed in 1795 in a Kerala-Dutch style. Now, it is preserved by the country’s Archaeological Department.
- Anakotta - This elephant sanctuary is unique in a way that it houses elephants of different natures and sizes. A trip to this place allows you to spend time walking amidst several elephants that are kept in a 10-acre plot of coconut groves.
Thrissur holiday packages
There are more ways to discover this beautiful place Thrissur in India, and all of these exciting opportunities will be at your disposal by booking Kerala holiday packages with us here at La Vacanza Travel. Enjoy your trip and stay safe!
Book Top Sightseeing Tours and Activities Online
View All Sighseeing Tours
Everything about Kerala is heaven. Book this amazing Kerala tour with 6-nights' accommodation to see...
On this 8-day tour you will cruise the backwaters of enchanting Kerala and visit the Dutch Mansions,...
Join us for this tour that offers combination of Alleppey backwater houseboat cruise with Kerala lun...
This 13-hour private day trip takes you to Munnar hills, the green Paradise of Kerala. You will see ...
Kerala is a lovely state with the lowest population growth rate in India. It is situated on south-we...
Cruise the backwaters of Alleppey, also known as Alappuzha, on a 7-hour tour from Fort Kochi and dis...
When your cruise ship docks in Kochi, explore sights such as the Fort Kochi Chinese fishing nets, Ba...
Immerse in the multi-faceted culture of Kochi with rich contributions from Hindu, Christian, Arab, D...
Join this 7-hour private day tour to see the most important attractions in and around Fort Cochin an...
Day tour to Alappuzha (or Alleppey) covering the Ravi Karunakaran Museum and a tour of the United Co...