Top Domestic Holiday Destinations
Looking for more destination options for holiday packages ? See top domestic destinations, visit page to explore holiday packages, read detailed itineraries, send enquiry, book hotels, explore and book sightseeing tour and activities online.
Periyar - Holiday Tour Packages
Often called the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary, Periyar National Park or Thekkady, the Periyar Tiger Reserve is located high in the Pandalam Hills and Cardamom Hills of the Western Ghats in India along the border with Tamil Nadu. Rich in biodiversity, this place offers great scenic charm and veritable tourist satisfaction. Covering an area of 925 square kilometers, Periyar is one of the 48 tiger reserves in the country, with endemic, rare and endangered flora and fauna. For your visit to Periyar during Kerala vacation, you can make use of the following tips.
Top places to visit in Periyar
There are many interesting natural places to explore in Periyar, considering that it lies in the middle of a mountainous area and bounded by mountain ridges. There is the high peak of the Kottamalai and the Periyar and Pamba Rivers that originate in the reserve’s forests. You can also find steep and rolling hills here that are thickly wooded. You can also spend some relaxing time at the Periyar Lake.
Top things to do in Periyar
There are many things to do in this sanctuary, but the following should top your list:
- Periyar Lake Cruise - One of the best ways to explore this nature park is a boat trip around the Periyar Lake, aside from a guided walk. During the cruise, you might see some boar, deer and birdlife, which means that it is also a wildlife-spotting experience.
- Following the Tiger - Do you want to feel like a huntsman for a day? Then former poachers in this park will guide you to experience following a tiger, with a tailor-made program that allows you to venture into the entire forest. This tour will also give you the opportunity to spot a nilgiri langur or even an elephant.
- Range Hiking - In this activity, you will have a day full of enjoyment with a hiking program suited to your preferences. However, this hike usually brings you with a group of other tourists.
Top attractions and landmarks in Periyar
When planning your Periyar holiday, these attractions should be on your list:
- Periyar Lake - This splendid artificial lake formed after the Mullaperiyar Dam was created adds to the charm of the reserve, with a wonderful palace at its heart being a main feature. The greatest attraction here, however, is the herd of wild elephants coming down to play in the lake.
- Managala Devi Temple - This temple is dedicated to Kannaki and is situated on the top of a hill. However, it opens to the public only once in a year during the annual Chithrapournami Festival.
- Pullumedu - Also known as Green Meadows, this is a small charming town that is lying along the banks of the Periyar River. As its name suggests, this area is filled with scenic green canopy, which is a good spot to for picnic and relaxation.
Periyar holiday packages
To get the most out of your trip to this tiger reserve of Periyar, you should book Kerala holiday Tour packages here at La Vacanza Travel.
Book Top Sightseeing Tours and Activities Online
View All Sighseeing Tours
Everything about Kerala is heaven. Book this amazing Kerala tour with 6-nights' accommodation to see...
Discover the paddy fields, coconut palms, lagoons, rivers, and canals of Alleppey on this day tour. ...
Cruise the backwaters of Alleppey, also known as Alappuzha, on a 7-hour tour from Fort Kochi and dis...
On this seven day journey across South India take a tour of Trivandrum, stay at the Poovar Island, v...
Kerala is referred to as God’s own country. It is indeed a beautiful mixture of its colonial past an...
Join us to explore the 80-feet Athirappilly Falls near the Valparai hill station and Vazhachal Falls...
Kerala is a beautiful mixture of unique architecture and serenity of nature. On your first day, you ...
Experience a full-day celebrity constellation cruise, docking in Kochi where you spend your time cru...
This group tour is specially designed for cruise travelers who dock at Kochi Port. Experience the ba...
Book this overnight private tour for your loved one and enjoy a romantic candlelight dinner on house...