Top Domestic Holiday Destinations
Looking for more destination options for holiday packages ? See top domestic destinations, visit page to explore holiday packages, read detailed itineraries, send enquiry, book hotels, explore and book sightseeing tour and activities online.
Kovalam - Holiday Tour Packages
Kovalam is a beach town located in the city of Thiruvananthapuram, specifically lying by the Arabian Sea, in Kerala, India. This said, it is popular for its beaches, having some of the most pristine in the country, with low tidal waves and shallow waters. The town is also one of the oldest tourist enclaves in the country, transforming from a casual fishing village into one of the most important tourist destinations. Here are things to note for your visit to Kovalam during your Kerala vacation.
Top places to visit in Kovalam
As a beach town, beaches are the star attractions here, with three crescent-shaped beaches separated by rocky outcroppings. The most popular beach here is the Lighthouse Beach, which is known for its 35-meter high lighthouse that towers over it atop the Kurumkal hillock. In the northern part, you will find the Samudra Beach, which is separated by a large promontory from the southern side and is a great spot to be if you do not like to be with huge crowds.
Top things to do in Kovalam
If you want to enjoy your trip to the fullest, then these activities should be in your itinerary:
- Surfing and Body Boarding - There are some fine waves in Kovalam, so you can test your surfing or body boarding here. For these activities, you should be wise to heed the lifeguard’s instructions, as there are some strong currents that can suddenly whisk you out to sea if you are unwary.
- Wooden Boat Rides - At the town’s main beaches, you can go out farther to sea with a traditional catamaran, where you will be accompanied by an experienced local fisherman. This will also allow you to do snorkeling from the boat. You can also opt for a romantic sunset cruise.
- Motor Boat Ride - Aside from taking a cataraman, you can take a motor boat to enjoy the beaches here.
Top attractions and landmarks in Kovalam
Your Kovalam holiday will definitely be complete by not missing out on these attractions.
- Lighthouse Beach - As previously mentioned, the lighthouse at the Lighthouse Beach is one of the major tourist hotspots in the city. It is sitting on top of a hillock known as the Karumkal Hill that can easily be reached by foot. This structure is a local landmark as being one of the oldest lighthouses in the state.
- Karamana River - This river starts near the Western Ghats and flows into the Arabian Sea and is one of the major rivers in the city, having two dams built on it. It is a great spot to be to experience nature Kerala is known for.
- Vizhinjam Village - This village is one of most popular Ayurvedic centers in the city, dating back to the 7th and 11th centuries. Aside from this, it is also famous for its beaches, rock cut temples and fishing harbors.
Kovalam holiday packages
You will definitely enjoy your visit in this great place, and to make sure of that, book Kovalam holiday packages here at La Vacanza Travel!
Book Top Sightseeing Tours and Activities Online
View All Sighseeing Tours
When your cruise ship docks in Kochi, explore sights such as the Fort Kochi Chinese fishing nets, Ba...
This group tour is specially designed for cruise travelers who dock at Kochi Port. Experience the ba...
Experience an overnight stay on a deluxe houseboat on this private overnight tour with just you and ...
Join us for this tour that offers combination of Alleppey backwater houseboat cruise with Kerala lun...
Experience a full-day celebrity constellation cruise, docking in Kochi where you spend your time cru...
Kerala is a beautiful mixture of unique architecture and serenity of nature. On your first day, you ...
Discover the paddy fields, coconut palms, lagoons, rivers, and canals of Alleppey on this day tour. ...
A visit to Kochi would be incomplete without experiencing the mesmerizing art form of Kerala region ...
On June 10, 2017, your Majestic Princess cruise docks in Kochi where you spend your time cruising th...
Book this half-day walking tour that gives you a glimpse into Kochi’s rich history and heritage, sho...