Top Domestic Holiday Destinations
Looking for more destination options for holiday packages ? See top domestic destinations, visit page to explore holiday packages, read detailed itineraries, send enquiry, book hotels, explore and book sightseeing tour and activities online.
Kashmir - Holiday Tour Packages
Located in the northwestern region of South Asia, Kashmir denotes a large area that covers the territories of Jammu and Kashmir, which consists of the Kashmir Valley, Jammu and Ladakh. Blessed with natural wonders, Kashmir is visited by huge volumes of tourists from all around the world to spend a different kind of Kashmir Holiday and experience sightseeing and activities. If you are planning to explore this great place, then you will find the following information very helpful.
Places to visit in Kashmir
Whether you are in for a sightseeing trip with your family, honeymoon with your partner, relaxing getaway with your friends, or a culture exploration alone, there is definitely a spot for you in Kashmir! There are many places here that give you insights about its history and culture, including Kathua (the City of Sufis); Kargil (the Unforgettable City); and Pulwama (the City of Colorburst). Also, your travel to this place will not be complete without taking side-trips to its glorious countryside, as it is not dubbed as the “Switzerland of India” for nothing! There, you will find fantastic places for trekking and exploring the great outdoors, such as the meadows of Sonamarg and Gulmarg, the Pahalgam Valley, the Charar-i-Sharief and Yousmarg meadow, and the Sinthan mountain top.
Things to do in Kashmir
- Trekking - Whether it is summer or winter, Kashmir offers great opportunities for trekking. However, take note that doing this activity during the cold months requires a lot of stamina and grit, but it will be very rewarding. Famous mountains, such as Harmukh, Kola Hoi and Tattakutti, are a great challenge if you want to hone your mountaineering skills.
- Skiing - As you can see, Kashmir has a lot of popular skiing slopes that offers various levels of difficulty. If you are just starting, then you can go to the Kashmiri winter wonderland of Gulmarg, where the first skiing club in India was set up.
- Sleigh Riding - Sleigh riding is an industry in Kashmir that is rapidly growing and is attracting a lot of tourists during winter. The most popular spots in Kashmir where you can try out on this activity are Gulmarg and Sonmarg.
Top attractions and landmarks in Kashmir
On your Kashmir Holiday, make sure you include the following attractions in your itinerary:
- Sonamarg - Located along the Srinagar-Ladakh Highway, this scenic “Meadow of Gold” is known for its Thajiwas Glacier, which is remarkably very accessible. You can hike up to the glacier and back from the highway in just around 5 hours. You can opt to ride a pony to make the journey even quicker.
- Yousmarg and Charar-i-Sharief - Yousmarg is a sprawling meadow that is refreshingly underdeveloped and highlights the Doodh Ganga River, which you can reach through a picturesque hike or pony ride along a forested trail. The trail passes through numerous apple trees and the town of Charar-i-Sharief. This town is certainly worth a stop, as it is home to a holy Sufi Muslim shrine and some of the biggest halwa parathas you will ever see in India.
- Leh - With lofty mountains, alpine lakes and a quaint setting, this place is one of the best places to visit during summer. If you love biking, then this would be a dreamland for you, with breathtaking views that will not leave you disappointed.
Kashmir holiday packages
When creating your itinerary or choosing Kashmir holiday packages for your Kashmir travel, make sure everything mentioned here is considered.
Book Top Sightseeing Tours and Activities Online
View All Sighseeing Tours
On this 4-day tour you will experience Kashmir, a unique destination known for its beautiful valley ...
Book this 4-night tour in Srinagar, the largest city of the Kashmir Valley and the capital of Jammu ...
Ladhak Region of the Great Northwestern Himalayas is one of the most pristine tourist destinations o...
Explore the diverse heritage of Srinagar on this 8-hour tour of architecture, handicraft, and cultur...
Experience this private small-group trip to the Meadow of Gold, Sonamarg, located just 2-hours from ...
Explore the beauty of Kashmir with a 5-night guided tour of its famous places, including Srinagar, P...
Soak yourself in the picturesque beauty of Kashmir, with a tour to its famous places, Srinagar and G...
Join this wonderful 5-day guided tour of the breathtakingly beautiful Kashmir Valley. Stay overnight...