Top Domestic Holiday Destinations
Looking for more destination options for holiday packages ? See top domestic destinations, visit page to explore holiday packages, read detailed itineraries, send enquiry, book hotels, explore and book sightseeing tour and activities online.
Kochi - Holiday Tour Packages
Formerly known as Cochin, Kochi is a cosmopolitan city, known for its bustling commercial port, in the state of Kerala in India. As a financial capital and the biggest urban agglomeration of the state, the city is one of the major tourist destinations in the country. Here are tips for your visit to Kochi during your Kerala vacation.
Top places to visit in Kochi
This city offers an intriguing mix of interesting places, where you will see giant fishing nets from China, ancient mosques, a 400-year-old synagogue, crumbling remains of the British Raj and Portuguese houses. You can explore the mainland Ernakulam, which is the cosmopolitan hub of the city, or the historical towns of Mattancherry and Fort Cochin, which remain to be wonderfully atmospheric though they are flocked by crowds. If you want to see Keralan arts, then you should go to Kathakali and Kalarippayattu. There are also wonderful islands here, such as Willingdon and Vypeen.
Top things to do in Kochi
Make sure you include these activities in your itinerary:
- Try the rides at the amusement parks - When in Kochi, you should experience the thrill at its amusement parks, such as the WonderLa in Kakkanad and the Silverstorm Water Park, which is a great family theme park having dry and water dry rides and a Chinese village.
- Engage in some watersports - The city is popular for its watersports, particularly those in the Fort Kochi Beach and the Cherai Beach, where water jets and scooters are available. A wide range of water games are also offered at the Yacht Club in Thevera, Cochin Marina on Bolgatty Island and the Ramada Resort in Panagad.
- Take a boat ride on the Backwaters - You can get a real feel of the Vembanadu Lake by boating on the Kochi Backwaters, specifically at the Marine Drive, where there are many cruises offered by many private operators. One of the most popular trips here is the sunset cruise.
Top attractions and landmarks in Kochi
To get the most out of your visit to Kochi in your Kerala holiday, make sure to visit these attractions:
- Chinese Fishing Nets or Cheenavala - Set at the Fort Kochi Beach, these fishing nets serve as the official icon of the city and are a testimony of the relationship between the Kochi Kingdom and the Ancient Chinese Empires. It is said that they were a gift from Chinese Emperor Kubalagi to the king of Kochi in the 14th century.
- Santacruz Basilica - This is the first European church and cathedral in Asia that was constructed in 1502 by the Portuguese and is the seat of second Catholic Diocese in India. Today, it is the primary seat of the Latin church of the state, housing several historic artifacts, paintings and decors.
- Kumbalangi Integrated Tourism Village - Situated on Kumbalangi Island, this is the country’s first eco-tourist village, allowing visitors to explore and enjoy the authentic rural culture of the locals without disturbing their natural lifestyle.
Kochi holiday packages
Make sure you get the best itinerary for this wonderful destination by booking Kerala holiday packages here at La Vacanza Travel.
Book Top Sightseeing Tours and Activities Online
View All Sighseeing Tours
When your cruise ship docks in Kochi, explore sights such as the Fort Kochi Chinese fishing nets, Ba...
Everything about Kerala is heaven. Book this amazing Kerala tour with 6-nights' accommodation to see...
This group tour is specially designed for cruise travelers who dock at Kochi Port. Experience the ba...
Experience an overnight stay on a deluxe houseboat on this private overnight tour with just you and ...
Join us for this tour that offers combination of Alleppey backwater houseboat cruise with Kerala lun...
Experience a full-day celebrity constellation cruise, docking in Kochi where you spend your time cru...
Kerala is a beautiful mixture of unique architecture and serenity of nature. On your first day, you ...
Discover the paddy fields, coconut palms, lagoons, rivers, and canals of Alleppey on this day tour. ...
A visit to Kochi would be incomplete without experiencing the mesmerizing art form of Kerala region ...
On June 10, 2017, your Majestic Princess cruise docks in Kochi where you spend your time cruising th...