Top Domestic Holiday Destinations
Looking for more destination options for holiday packages ? See top domestic destinations, visit page to explore holiday packages, read detailed itineraries, send enquiry, book hotels, explore and book sightseeing tour and activities online.
Srinagar - Holiday Tour Packages
Srinagar is the largest city in the Kashmir region and is the summer capital of the state of Jammu and Kashmir in India. It is specifically lies on the banks of the Jhelum River, a tributary of the Lakes Indus, Anchal and Dal. The city is popular among travelers from around the world for its natural beauty, waterfronts, houseboats and gardens. Aside from these, it is also known for its dried fruits, cuisine, spices and traditional Kashmiri handicraft. Taking into consideration all the things Srinagar offers, it is certainly a great destination to include in your bucket list. For your Kashmir Holiday Package, take note of the following:
Places to visit in Srinagar
There are many places to visit in Srinagar, which offer great opportunities for sightseeing and activities for tourists. If you want to know the rich history and culture of the city, you can check out the breathtakingly beautiful white Hazratbal Mosque; Jamia Masjid Mosque, which was built with bricks and wood in the 14th century using an extraordinary architectural style; Ziarati Hazrati Youza Asouph, which is believed by some people to be the tomb of Jesus Christ; the Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Shiva, Shankaracharya Mandir; and the Parihaspora ruins. There are also many beautiful gardens where you get to enjoy the freshness of nature that Srinagar is known for, including the Nishat Bagh, Shalimar Bagh, Chashmashahi, Pari Mahal and the Nehru Garden. Aside from these, there is, of course, the world-famous Dal Lake.
Things to do in Srinagar
- Taking an Excursion - Srinagar, Kashmir holiday packages offer excursions to let you explore the Himalayan Mountains. One very popular tour includes a Shikara ride in the Dal Lake, where you can enjoy great views over the lake. You can also experience a more peaceful ride devoid of other tourists by going to the fountain found in the area.
- Paragliding - Though you are not an expert glider, you can still enjoy the thrills of paragliding in this wonderful destination, as you can do it in tandem with a trained pilot. Rides can be as short as 15 minutes and as long as an hour.
- Trekking - Srinagar is a great base for trekking expeditions that lead to the high-altitude Himalayan alpine lakes of the Kashmir Valley. As you can see, this region has a great scope for adventure tourism.
Top attractions in Srinagar
While Srinagar offers a lot of attractions, there are those that you should not miss, such as:
- Dal Lake - This is the most important and celebrated lake in the region, which is home to floating gardens, vibrant shikaras and carved wooden houseboats. Its Pir Panjal mountain range backdrop adds to the picturesque vista’s magnificence.
- Mughal Gardens - These gardens are composed of the Shalimar, Nishat and Chashm-e-Shahi, which are known for their history and architectural exquisiteness. In the 17th century, the Shalimar Bagh was a royal court and a summer residence. Also, the layout of these gardens resembles that of Persian gardens.
- Hazratbal Mosque - Situated near the Dal Lake, this mosque offers serenity. It is revered for housing a relic, the Prophet’s hair, and for having intricate Iranian and Persian architectural influences.
Srinagar, Kashmir holiday package
It is best to visit Srinagar during summer, as temperatures are cool and pleasant. Now, make sure you consider all these things when planning your vacation and choosing your Kashmir holiday package to have a more fun and memorable experience!
Book Top Sightseeing Tours and Activities Online
View All Sighseeing Tours
Experience this private small-group trip to the Meadow of Gold, Sonamarg, located just 2-hours from ...
Explore the diverse heritage of Srinagar on this 8-hour tour of architecture, handicraft, and cultur...
On this 4-day tour you will experience Kashmir, a unique destination known for its beautiful valley ...
Explore the beauty of Kashmir with a 5-night guided tour of its famous places, including Srinagar, P...
Soak yourself in the picturesque beauty of Kashmir, with a tour to its famous places, Srinagar and G...
Book this 4-night tour in Srinagar, the largest city of the Kashmir Valley and the capital of Jammu ...
Join this wonderful 5-day guided tour of the breathtakingly beautiful Kashmir Valley. Stay overnight...