Top Domestic Holiday Destinations
Looking for more destination options for holiday packages ? See top domestic destinations, visit page to explore holiday packages, read detailed itineraries, send enquiry, book hotels, explore and book sightseeing tour and activities online.
Havelock Island - Holiday Tour Packages
The Paradise That Is Havelock Island : Havelock Island is the most visited of all the Andaman Islands. It has become a very popular destination for its beaches, great scuba diving and laid back vibe. As such, it is definitely a good choice for your next holiday.
- Getting In - Taking a ferry is the primary means of getting on or off the island. Two to three boats arrive daily in the island from Port Blair, where one of them is from Rangat via Neil Island. Take note that boat schedules vary depending on the weather and seasons, so it is best to enquire locally to decide on the best time to visit Havelock Island.
- Getting Around - Walking is the most common form of transport on the island, but if you are going to places that are farther away, you can take local buses and jeeps that ply the main roads between the port to other beaches, where many forms of accommodation are available. There are also auto-rickshaws that you can take, but if you want a more personal transport, bicycles, scooters and motorcycles are the way to go. Private taxi operators also abound, and you can contact them through your travel agent or resort.
Places of interest in Havelock Island
- Radhanagar Beach - The Radhanagar Beach is the most beautiful on Havelock Island, which is actually rated as the best in Asia by “Time” magazine in 2004. Here, you will find silky and gorgeous white sand beaches and a forest that offers shade, while you look out to its turquoise waters. Some stretches of beach with a sandy bottom are good for swimming, where you can see excellent coral reefs when you are snorkeling. You can experience spectacular sunsets here, but watch out for the last trucks back if you are not staying here.
- Elephant Beach - Another place that you should visit on your Havelock Island holiday is the Elephant Beach, which is further north from Radhanagar and famous among Indian tourists. The coral reefs here is probably the best on the island, so make sure you do not miss snorkeling here. You can reach this spot on foot from Beach #7 or on a fishing boat from the island’s east side.
- Kalapathar Beach - You should not also miss going to the Kalapathar Beach, which is situated on one corner of Havelock Island that you can reach by traveling along the Road from Beach #3 and Beach #5. The emerald seas and tropical forests on each side will give you options where you can relax on your trip.
Top activities in Havelock Island
On Havelock Island, make sure you try the Sea Walk, which allows you to literally walk on the sea bed at a depth of about 10 meters. You do not need to worry if you do not know how to swim to try this activity. Another popular activity on the island is scuba diving, as there are certified dive centers providing good equipment and training. Aside from these, you can also do some snorkeling, trekking and game fishing.
Where to eat and sleep in Havelock Island
Some food is grown on Havelock Island, but most fruits and vegetables are imported. Either way, you can always find locally caught fresh seafood here for a great dining experience. Among the great restaurants here are Dhabas, Geetha Restaurant, Catch of the Day, Pristine Beach Resort, Orient Legend Resort and Symphony Palms Beach Resort. As for the places where you can rest your head, the usual accommodation here comprises cheap palm-thatched beach huts, but you can always find decent rooms that offer more comfort and convenience.
Havelock Island holiday packages
The whole of Andaman Islands enjoys a tropical climate and temperatures remains betweens 22 to 32 degrees celsius throughout the year. Monsoon rains brings heavy rain from May to September making a trip to Havelock Island not suitable for travellers. The best time to choose a Havelock island holiday package is from October to April. Don't forget to visit www.lavacanza.in for a range of Andaman holiday packages and specially designed Havelock Island holiday packages.
Book Top Sightseeing Tours and Activities Online
View All Sighseeing Tours
Explore the many beauties the Andaman and Nicobar Islands have to offer through this 5-day tour. Usi...
Enjoy this 4-night tour of Andaman Islands, known as the "Maldives of India" and still rather untouc...